Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 November 2012

MONU





This was from the Earth day Glossybox which imo was the best box they ever produced. I had never heard of this brand and so was a bit dubious and if I'm honest didn't expect much.Apologies about the pics, camera has died :(


What is it? 
An organic cream aimed at those with dry, very dry or dehydrated skin.

What MONU say:
"A rich luxurious cream to relieve dryness and smooth fine lines".

This is definetly a rich cream. I feel it has a balmy texture without being too heavy. It sinks into the skin perfectly and doesn't leave any residue.

What's in it?
  • Rose essential oil
  • Gerainium essential oil
  • Evening Primrose
  • Blackcurrant seed oil
  • Shea butter
  • Sodium hyaluronate 
  • Marine collagen
  • Plant flavinoids
  • Betanes
The main ingredients are Rose and Geranium essential oils. I remember reading Rose is good for dry skin so this an excellent addition.  Evening Primrose and Blackcurrant seed oil provide essential fatty acids which are supposed to repair the skins lipids. Shea butter & Sodium Hyaluronate should improve the skins barrier function and marine collagen to should smooth any fine lines. This is also a paraben free product.

How do I use it?
A little goes a long way so I alternate between just using it where I need it or a very light layer over my face. It is recommended that this is used in the morning after cleansing and toning which is exactly what I did.

What I think:
Having used this pretty much everyday since I got it I am so impressed with this moisturiser. I can vouch for it keeping my skin moisturised without leaving any stickiness which you can get with creams that are slightly balmy. This really just sinks in to my skin with ease. I do have some fine lines due to dryness and I have noticed that they have reduced. The flakiness I tend to experience on my nose and around my mouth is not a problem when I wear this although it still helps to exfoiliate.  I have also used this around the eye area which isn't suggested by the product but didn't really affect my sensitive eyes but helped with the dryness in that area. I know a dealbreaker for some people is the smell of the product, this smells of Rose which is very pleasant. The smell isn't too heavy and once it has sunk in you really don't smell it anymore. It's very rare that I repurchase and rarer still if I actively use my repurchases so I must be really impressed! 

The low down:
You can purchase this from MONU website @ £17.50 for 50ml
Its also avaliable on Look Fantastic & Amazon uk


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment