Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Y U NO WORK? (Things I wish I hadn't bought)

Just thought I would do a post about all of the "cult" products that I have tried over the years and can't see what the fuss is about. Please note I'm not bashing these products I'm just stating that they don't work for me.

You'll have to put up with google images of these as I have either binned, given away or sold these products.

Source
YSL Touche Eclat (£25.00) What is the fuss? This confuses me. Is it a highlighter? Is it a concealer? I've tried it as both and it just does nothing for me. I assumed that maybe it was a colour issue but when YSL released other colours I tried it again...nothing...and don't get me started on the price.

Source

Benefit Bad gal lash (£16.50) Firstly the brush is just too damn big! I spend the majority of my experience with this trying not to injure my eye and figuring how to manoeuvre this gigantic brush. This really doesn't do much for the eyes, I find it to be much too watery and this drys up SOOOOO quickly! Again the price...

Source

Benefit porefessional (£23.50) I heard alot of good things about this and figured Benefit must have got something right, this had to be more than just another gimmicky product in beautiful packaging...alas no. This may work for people with teeny, tiny pores but for those of us of with visible pores that show when you put make up on...keep on searching you will find no relief here. I tried this both under and over make up and really have had no luck. The one redeeming feature is that it does mattify but, I don't have very oily skin so can't vouch on it as a mattifier. Shall I mention the price? Nah you already know! Thankfully I got a small bottle from Ebay hence the reason I didn't take part in this years Benefit/magazine freebie.

Source

Lancome juicy tubes (£15.50) Everyone raves about these but I find them far too sticky and those of us with long hair know that lipgloss with the texture of craft glue and hair do not mix.I don't find these to be moisturising in fact, I feel these do absolutely nothing but just sit on my lips like some kind of lip mask. I find the Clinique superbalm to be a preferable alternative.

Source


Bio oil.(£14.99) The smell of this is a real deal breaker. This aside as I can usually get past smells (with the exception of Cocoa butter/Shea butter products)  I don't feel this works and just blocks pores. I think this is hailed as a fix all product but I have tried it on a number of different ailments and have really seen no changes.

Source



Vaseline lip therapy (£1.79) - I felt I had to stipulate usage here because its great for alot of things but I find that for the lips this is another product that just sits on the lips and doesn't real make my lips feel nourished. I find the texture way too slippy and generally people use it in the tin form which just freaks me out. Germ city!!!



Source


Clarins Beauty flash balm (£28.00) Hmmmm what does this do exactly? Is it a mask? Is it a moisturiser? somebody tell me!? I can't help thinking this is nothing more then an expensive moisturiser...

That's enough for today. N.B: If anyone has any tips or tricks related to any of these products they would be greatly appreciated. FYI binning said product or chucking it on a beauty bonfire are not options. K thanks :)

Have you tried these products? Love or hate?

6 comments:

  1. Have you asked the ladies at the YSL counter how best to use it? I'm sure they'd be able to help you!
    I got the Porefessional with Glamour and quite liked it! Though perhaps my pores aren't that large...
    Eilidh
    www.pushpineappleshakeatree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and Vaseline is bloody useless! I much prefer carmex! Xo

      Delete
    2. I don't think its as much of a essential as people think!!

      Delete
  2. great post!! I just reviewed the POREfessional on my blog and agree with you! however I love bad gal lash mascara!

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree on touche eclat and vaseline, I really don't get how people hail vaseline as some sort of wonder-moisture product when it has no ingredients that can penetrate the skin! I use beauty flash balm as a dewy primer though and I really like it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've met alot of people who love badgal..different strokes I guess!!

    Agree with the vaseline point, I'll probably give flash balm another go at some point maybe I will get it to work for me?

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment