Search This Blog

Friday 6 April 2012

Mac Freckletone

I first came across this after a terrible run in with Mac Myth. I had been dying to try out the nude lip unfortunately Myth left me looking a little corpse - ish. On a random trip to a Mac counter in Palma I purchased Freckletone. Now on first look it seems very uninspiring but it is imo a perfect nude. Freckletone has quickly become my HG nude. I currently have about two bullets of this on the go as I am forever losing one of them - this is the seriousness of my love for this lipstick. As you will see from the pictures Freckletone is well loved in this household.



 In the tube, this can be a bit daunting but once swatched you'll see it is peach toned. This shade is easily buildable however will not give opaque coverage. Compared to say Myth this is a much more warm, natural colour. I tend to find nudes are either too brown, too orange or resemble concealer when applied (never a good look!). I generally get about 2/3 hours of this depending on what I'm doing (i.e eating, talking), the weather, condition of my lips. Freckletone is a lustre finish meaning its not highly pigmented but as I have mentioned is buildable. Lustre lipsticks are much more moisturising than other finishes. I can vouch for this as I get terribly dry lips and my lips have never felt dried after using this.

Not sure why but I don't think Freckletone gets enough coverage as its such a wonderful shade and is perfect for wearing during the day. It also looks great when paired with heavier eye make up.

Freckletone is available from MAC priced at £13.50

What is your favourite nude?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment