Search This Blog

Thursday 12 April 2012

LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub

Over the winter I had been suffering from very dry lips. Probably a mixture of central heating, freezing cold weather & being dehydrated. Lip balms alone were not cutting it so whilst picking up my Christmas fix of LUSH Angels Delight (I can't tell you how much I adore this) and Snowflake (Love!) I picked up this lip scrub at the till. Purchases by the till are how I seem to acquire most of my stuff (I'm looking at you Primark).


There were a number of flavours (?) to choose from & I went with the Vanilla & Chocolate. Packaging is a glass jar with a black lid. Standard LUSH. Ordinarily I don't like jars as I find them to be unhygienic but its pretty unlikely I be doing a lip scrub in public anytime soon as I just look hideous doing it, especially when licking all of the sugar off of my face. Hot mess. The scrub itself is...well sugar, castor sugar in fact with a mixture of oils. The majority of it being jojoba, some vanilla extract, cocoa absolute and Tagetes Oil (Yeah I had no clue what that was either apparently it is used to flavour thinks like cola, tobacco & alcohol - oh hi! link). In terms of making my lips soft it definitely delivers. I just take a small amount, work it into dry lips and then lick it all off. 5 min job. I would do a quick once over with a towel for any rogue grains. I finish with Elizabeth Arden lip protectant but I'm confident any balm of your choice would work. A little goes a long way here so this will definitely last a long time.

The scrub is very moisturising & non greasy it also makes a great base for lipsticks.

This is definitely replacing my toothbrush lip torture.

You can buy this from LUSH  link £4.95 for 25g - can I just say bargain!

Other flavours Bubblegum, Mint Julip (Mint & Chocolate) - all scrubs are Vegan friendly & contain natural ingredients.

Do you use lips scrubs? What do you think of them?

*bought by me

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is literally raving about this product. The peer pressure is getting to me, I think I might have to take a trip down to Lush! ..

    Lola ..x

    LolaStarHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I urge you to, this stuff is amazing especially during the winter!!!! Let me know how you get on x

      Delete

Thanks for the comment